Internet, a global network under American domination. And he opposes the United States to the world. The vast majority of the countries want America shares the power to define the standards and rules of operation of the Web, or even transferred to the United Nations. But the U.S. Department of Commerce has announced that it will not let anything. Washington warns democratic states against a possible rise of dictatorships, if the mastery of the Internet was transferred to an international organization, would hold new ways to curb freedom of expression in their countries. Their technological superiority remains today gives them a role..
If the Internet as a unified network is global, it is thanks to the ongoing work of committees of engineers who set global standards in all areas. The two main bodies, the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), are composed mainly of American and Scandinavian experts working for large companies and American universities. They are overseen by the Internet Society, based in Washington and Geneva, an association in which the American members play a prominent role. The development of technical recommendations for the World Wide Web is provided by the W3C, an international organization installs the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston. Above all, the Internet is a set of machines: the world, 80% of the routers-the computers that calculate the best route is to take data for transit through the Network, are manufactured by Cisco, a company in San Jose (California). The remaining 20 % comes from its competitor, Juniper, based in Sunnyvale, has a quarter of an hour of.